The last couple months I have been on a mission to redesign our entire first floor living area. Since we moved in almost two years ago I have never given enough time or effort to finish pulling together our main living space. Now that some of our other rooms are in order, I decided to begin the overhaul.
I decided to start in our dining room after my husband had the great idea to build a kitchen banquette. Here is our current dining room which we had previously built a reclaimed Rock Maple table for.
I like the table and chairs but I am ready to try something a little more interesting. I posted my table and chairs on craigslist and pocketed $400 to help fund the new project.
My husband and I turned to the internet to find some good banquette inspiration. Here are a few of my favorites:
After getting some needed inspiration, we landed on the project plan consisting of:
- Building a kitchen bench with storage and facing with beadboard
- Purchasing a round table so that the bench can be easily accesses
- New chairs (the old ones were not as sturdy as I wanted)
- Putting beadboard along the dining room wall and painting the entire dining room
- New light fixture that can be swagged to hang over top the new table
- Upholstering a cushion for the kitchen bench